Saturday, March 12, 2011

Her Majesty Cry and Set List

So it occurred to me that record-making is evolutionary.

a month or so ago, I had a definite plan of four maybe five songs that were going to make a record. I had the order, I had the titles, I was going to do most of it myself.

HOWEVER, in the past week or so I have become exponentially vested and excited by the prospect of making a record. I even have ideas where to record it.

AND I have more songs that HAVE to be on the record. I feel like "Presents" (http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/presents/id310215036 ) was DONE and was my first full-band recording and was really proud of it. And of course, that makes me want to make "Her Majesty Cry" even better. I even may be working with the same producer who I worked with for "Presents" and we are both two years older and two years wiser and two years more adept at writing, playing, and recording.

And I have this cool idea to make the first "side" of the record the raucous electric side and the second "side" the almost-but-not-quite-as-raucous acoustic side. I may even title the "sides" something cool like Side One: Maple Steel Side Two:Copper Spruce.

here's the track list (for now)

Maple Steel:
1. One Hot Second
2. Black Sails
3. Her Majesty Cry
4. Cuando Te Vas
5. Lessons Learned

Copper Spruce:
1. Memphis Ferry
2. Ash Wednesday
3. Waiting For The Dawn
4. Stormy As The Sea.

whatcha think?

1 comment:

  1. As long as Ash Wednesday is on there, we're good.

    ReplyDelete