Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Week Two! (more or less)

ok, so in order to get my act together, here is week two.

It's the pitch week.

Anyone who has ever played wiffleball against me knows that I can hit a ton, but when it comes to pitching I'm just too nice. I like watching other people do well. I don't have the attack mode that a good pitcher needs. So I asked for help.

I put a list on my FB "band" page and asked people what they thought...I had a few ideas. And more questions than ideas. I came up against the "do you want to brand yourself using someone else's brand?" question. and I had the "who cares what you sound like if you can't tell people who you sound like" problem. And of course, the "Hey I sound exactly like Richie Havens." "Who?" problem.

but here are some thoughts that I wanted to share...some are a little more ridiculous than others...some are amazing...and some are "hey, what the hell? why not me?"

some goals I am setting for myself:
1. Play a show (open or headline) with a line outside the venue. before the end of summer 2012.
2. Have Bono or Eddie Vedder sing a verse of No Pain at a concert.
3. Induct someone into the Hall of Fame. (I'm thinking Dave Matthews or maybe Bon Jovi)
4. new CD by Christmas '10
5. open for someone who isn't a personal friend by next summer
6. run the 800 at the 2016 Olympics.

so, the pitch...

it's not wiffleball on 77th street, so I can't lead the league in doubles this time...

I can however, talk about

"All the power and emotion you can get from an acoustic guitar. I play fast and loud, I play quietly, I play with soul."

what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment