Wednesday, July 14, 2010

so I haven't been around

although I've been obsessed with this computer!

espn3.com showed almost every game of the world cup in HD, and since I don't have a tv (well, I HAVE a tv but it's basically a glorified DVD screen cause cable is too expensive and anything that's good is available on line anyway) i've been marginally obsessed.

I watched almost every game, got yelled at by my friends for my constant FB status updates about the Denmark/Japan game and tried to tone it down, but was fanatic.

my mind is reeling with things to talk about...
the amazing Diego Forlan? and how he deserved the MVP award because he could score with either foot from seemingly anywhere on the pitch?
the wonderful Spanish passing game? They basically played keep-away once they scored
the one month that seemed to last a year?
the very disappointing play of the Italians? (were they even in South Africa?)
the very uplifting play of the Americans? (even though they only won one game)
the resurgence of South American futbol - not only Brazil, but everyone?


I already can't wait for 2014.

and even better, I may just get obsessed with La Liga in August, now that I have some favorite players by the names of Forlan, Messi, Villa and Ianesta to root for.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment