Tuesday, April 13, 2010

so it really DOES matter what mood you're in

so, for a bunch of reasons, most having to do with stress and what a not-so-pleasant week it's been so far, I finally cracked and played a whole bunch of cranky songs. but I couldn't do it. I don't know whether it's my propensity to allow my ADD to kick in or it's that I couldn't stay that sad and cranky for that long, but I eventually hit an E Major chord, talked about how awesome it would be if just going from a major to minor chord or letting something just resolve would make the whole world better... but here's the list: Ruby red hair Dice (the song about a woman who is getting old with her kids and isn't sure her life is what she wants anymore...the chorus "It would have been nice if they had told her they were playing with loaded dice") Lockstep (the politically charged song about how certain veins of tv entertainment are not being truthful and causing problems) Lessons learned (the "I wonder if you still think of me" song. once you break up with someone it goes from spending every minute with them at least in spirit and then POOF nothing) I’m on fire (Bruce Springsteen cover) Release (Pearl Jam cover - this is where it starts to get un-cranky) Dreaming without you (ah, the Theo Christmas song about keeping your love secret) It seems just like a dream (a song about a lovely trip I took to Positano) Parking lot kings (ok, not totally happy, but reflective, on how cool things are going to be because you pushed yourself and weren't satisfied with just mediocre) Greensleeves (wait, this is a song from the Middle Ages. Rock.) Mona (the best song ever about a rug, written by Roberto Conte.) see you next week. peace, Dann

No comments:

Post a Comment